Sunday, July 17, 2011

Retired! 2 ways :-)

 
I made this card for one of my husband`s  co-workers who was retiring. It is made from now retired stamps and DSP. I was pleased with the results.
I first stamped the right side of the Soft Suede Card Base with the On the Green stamp image, stamped 3 times one on top of the other, in Soft Suede ink, Next is a strip of the striped DSP from Elegant Soiree. I then had to tie in the golf theme a bit further so I ran a piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock through the Big Shot inside the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing folder and then punched out 1/2 inch circles to represent golf balls and glued them along the right hand side of the DSP.

The image is from the retired set " And Many Mower" which I stamped in black StazOn onto Very Vanilla and using a blender pen I colored the image. I matted it onto a piece of Baha Breeze and popped it up onto Stampin'Dimensionals. The sentiment is from an old retired set called "Congrats"

The inside is Top Note die cuts in Very Vanilla and Baha Breeze. I trimed the edge from the Very Vanilla to layer it onto the blue then stamped the appropriate saying from the "Congrats" set.

I was very pleased with the card when it was finished.

Hope you have all had a great weekend!

Thanks,

Sharri

No comments:

Post a Comment