Sunday, January 23, 2011

Masculine Birthday Cards

 These cards are totally cased but I don't know who the original posted are so if you are out there give me a shout and I'll be happy to give credit where credit is due.
This first one I made for my brother-in-law who restores classic muscle cars, now that he is retired he does it full time.
I felt it was appropriate for him. I used Crumb Cake card base with a large rectangle cut from the front of the card. The center is held in place by the many cog gears that are scattered around. I used 3 screw head brads from my stash to embellish the sentiment. The cogs are cut using the 2 step cog punch in Crumb Cake and Brushed Silver, the cogs were sponged around the edges.





This card is for another brother-in-law he's a no fuss kind of guy, likes things clean and simple so I thought this card was appropriate for him........
Again a Crumb Cake base with one inch squares of Early Espresso and 3/4 inch squares of Not Quite Navy. The brads are from the Metallic Collection, Antique Brass, I think. The squares are popped up on dimentionals and the sentiment is stamped below. I rounded off the bottom corners too.


Two posts in one day! I'm still way behind though.

Check back to see the cards from  my Valentine Cards class.

Have a great day!

Sharri

No comments:

Post a Comment