Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Calendars #4

 I tried my hand at designing......I made a drawer for a post-it note pad with a decorative easel on top; it had a few designer flaws but all in all it worked. LOL

I wanted to create something with a calendar and a note pad so I created a box bottom that fit the standard 3x3 post-it note pads and wrapped it with a strip of card stock and coordinating DSP; creating a drawer. We put a brad in the front of the drawer to make a drawer pull or knob.

I next used a strip of cardstock that was twice as long as the depth of the box and scored it in the center and again in the center of one of the halves again to create the easel. This was glued to the inside of the top of the sleeve that holds the drawer.
A calendar was attached to the top of the sleeve, close to the front to create the stop for the easel.

Supplies used for this were:

Stamp set: You Are Loved ( Holiday Mini 2011)

Paper: Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler, Pacific Point, Timeless Portrait DSP
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Pacific Point

Accessories: Decorative Label punch, Basic Pearls, Post-it note pad, Simply Score-it, Neutrals Brads

I like how it turned out and maybe the addition of a small pen would make this complete. It makes a great, useful gift!

I have one more calendar to share that completes the class so check back in a day or so for info about it.

Hope you are getting your holiday activities and projects finished. True to form for me I am working on things right up until the last minute.

Back to work!

Sharri

No comments:

Post a Comment