Sunday, May 15, 2011

More Cased for Mother's Day

 I keep a file on my desk top of pictures of projects I love and want to case, these two cards are some of those.
These cards were both cased from Sage Kimble, I guess we have similar styles/likes.
I did change them up a bit.
This first one gave me the chance to play with my Fancy Flowers die from the Occasions Mini catalogue. The flowers were cut out in Very Vanilla, run through the Big Shot again with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder and sponged with Crumb Cake ink. Sage's card used some of the paper flowers in the center but I chose to use a flower from the Birds and Blooms die set as it closely mimics the shape of the fancy flowers. The DSP is Springtime Vintage and I used a Vintage Flower Adornment also from the Occasions Mini Catalogue. I placed the flower on a Baha Breeze base that had been run through the Big Shot with the new Framed Tulips embossing folder. 

This card is on a Blushing Bride card base that has been wheeled with the Very Vintage jumbo wheel, the Baha Breeze piece is also wheeled with the same wheel. I had been putting off playing with this stamp set, Baby Blossoms as it is two-step stamping and I'm "afraid" of it......DON'T BE!! ....it is really fun ans easy. The colors of the flowers are Rose Red and Pretty in Pink.  I love this set and am really sorry I put off playing with it; it is now retired as it was featured in the Occaisions Mini as well. I used the Baha Breeze Seam Binding and a safety pin from Vintage Trinkets to pin a heart charm on it. The label is matted with Night of Navy punched from the Decorative Label punch.
After I got the whole card together I realized that the wheeled images are vertical on the card stock rather than horizontal; you have to look to see it but....how silly of me!

It is a really pretty card in real life.
Thank you for coming by, hope you have a great week!

Sharri

No comments:

Post a Comment