Friday, March 26, 2010

Oriental Vase

Here is a fun card I did for a color swap; the card had to have Red, Black and Yellow on it; this combo screams Asian to me; so I pulled out the Eastern Blooms and Tiny tags stamp sets, I used Real Red, So Saffron and Basic Black card stock, the Scallop Trim border punch from SAB and the Ornament punch that is still available as a write in on an order and the Medium Jewelery Tag punch from the Ocaisions mini catalogue.


The small flowers are from the trio flower punch and a miscellaneous punch that I had, a few black brads and I used a thin strip of card stock to tie the tag to the vase which was created by punching the ornament shape from some so saffron card stock that has been run through the Big shot with an embossing folder, then I cut a bit of the bottom off and Voila! a vase. It's very plain but effective. I liked it.
The strip of yellow on the black border is also DSP from the SAB Welcome Neighbor paper stack.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Sharri

No comments:

Post a Comment