Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

BOO!
This cute little treat box was so easy to create with my Big Shot and the Matchbox BigZ XL die. It's not my idea, but was cased from a website; not sure whose. I'll be more than happy to give credit to that person if you know who it is.
First I stamped the Boo onto a piece of vellum in Basic Black ink and set it aside to dry, this took longer than making the whole project. I made the matchbox using the tangerine Tango from last year's In-Colors collection, then I punched a 1 3/8" circle from the front of the cover. Next take a scrap of basic Black cardstock and punch a 1 3/8" circle from it, then use the scalloped circle punch to punch around the circle cut-out creating a scalloped frame in black. This you adhere to the front of the matchbox cover to fit around the hole you've already punched. When the ink is dry adhere the vellum to the backside of the matchbox cover so it can be seen in the hole on the front. Complete the assembly of the cover and fill with goodies.
I sent this one to my granddaughter Mia with nuggets in it.

Hope you don't get too spooked tonoght!
Thanks for looking,

Sharri

No comments:

Post a Comment